photo home-12.jpg photo courtney.jpg photo cook.jpg photo create.jpg photo contact-10.jpg photo spaceimage.jpg photo pinterest-13.jpg photo facebook-10.jpg photo twitter-29.jpg photo googleplus-2.jpg photo instagram-3.jpg photo rss-5.jpg

Thursday, March 22, 2012

Unplanned Hiatus and a New Wreath!

Hi! Well, that was an unplanned hiatus! Oh, there was lots of DIY and crafting going on, that I will definitely be updating y'all on and posting about. There was also sick kiddos and precious time with my brother and sister-in-law visiting. A friend of mine recently wrote on FB something along these lines- "I didn't get any pictures, but sometimes making the memories with my family is more important." I couldn't agree more! But, I did manage to take several photos of the happenings around here during my hiatus that I can't wait to share with you.
First up, is a wreath that I whipped up earlier this week. After taking down my XO Valentine wreath I had grand plans to make a St. Patricks Day wreath that quickly evaporated. It looks like an Easter wreath may not be in the picture either. We'll see though, I may still make it happen.

This wreath was put together from several inspiration wreaths on pinterest and various blogs that I follow. It couldn't be more fitting for my house either. Our house is situated on a corner, the problem is though, that the street my house and driveway and garage face is not our address! The street address to our house will lead you to the side of our house and a gate to the back yard. Pizza delivery men almost always call when delivering, and unbelievably we've even had UPS packages delivered and dropped off inside the gate behind our house! I'm taking behind, folks...meaning we didn't find them until weeks later. No joke. Anyway, because of this serious street planning/address faux paus (in my opinion) our house has no house numbers on the front. Enter, adorable wreath!
It's a very simple yarn wrapped wreath and didn't take much time at all. I decided to utilize another idea I found on another blog and use a pool noodle in place of a wreath form. So much more economical! I paid $1 for this pool noodle as opposed to $9 for a 16 inch wreath form at Joann's. Bargain! As you can see from the cute model and wreath assembly assistant in the picture below, we cut off the ends at and angle and then taped it together. I found the angled ends much easier to work with rather than the blunt, straight, un-cut ends.

I purchased pre-fab wooden numbers from Joanns and sprayed them with a couple of coats Rustoleum oil rubbed bronze spray paint. Then since I had the white paint out anyway, (that's a project I'll share in a few days) I took my barely wet brush and just lightly brushed over the oil rubbed bronze. I'm thrilled with out they turned out!

Then, I had the most fun of this project and that was making those fabulous felt flowers! I have seen so many tutorials on felt flowers, but the one I loved the most was this dahlia tutorial at holidash. I added a few rolled felt rosettes on either side and called it a day.

I am thrilled with the way it turned out! And maybe now the pizza man (and the UPS man, sheesh!) won't get quite as confused!


No comments:

Post a Comment